Tuesday, September 8, 2009

In Atlanta

This was originally written on August 8th, and was simply a delayed post.

Classes start tomorrow morning. I am posting, currently, from a Dunkin Donuts at the corner of Lavista Rd. and North Druid Hills. Our apartment does not have internet, and AT&T wasn't able to schedule an appointment for us until Thursday. I am embarrased to admit that I feel a little lost without the ability to check my email. Oh well, life goes on.

I've set myself up a decent workspace and have spent a few days nesting. I am, for the most part, unpacked, and have set about the work of rereading the first two pieces we are covering in the training: The Human Tendencies and Montessori Education, and The Four Planes of Development. Reading them makes me miss Hershey, but feel enthusiastic to begin training. Reading them also makes me wish that someone would dedicate themselves to a smoother, more unified and correct translation. On occasion, the direct translation is so jambled that it takes four readings of a paragraph to sort out exactly what is there. Nathaniel, write a grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment